The ALE's role
The ALE's objectives are to:
- Meet the need for local services (e.g. support for children or elderly or sick people, administrative work, gardening, small jobs which do not compete with regular work channels, etc. at individuals' homes, in schools, not-for-profit organisations and local government offices).
- Allow jobseekers to offer their services to the ALE in these areas, in the hope of finding a job (under certain conditions). These services are paid by ALE cheques (4.10 €/hour)
- Provide training courses for jobseekers registered with the ALE
- Provide general information on certain employment support measures, in particular Activa, the first job agreement, PFI, etc.
- Provide information on the Service Vouchers system.
Rue du Collège, 1/3
The Forem's notices can be seen on the notice boards:
- on the walls of the Town Hall, Rue de la Chaussée side;
- at La Reid, former council offices, Place du Marais, 1;
- at the CPAS, Rue des 600 Franchimontois, 1, Theux.