Personal tools

Skip to content. | Skip to navigation


Navigation menu
Document Actions
You are here: Home / MY MUNICIPALITY / Municipal services / Registry




  Registration of a divorce certificate 

  • If you married at THEUX or in one of the 2 former municipalities (La Reid, Polleur), your divorce will be registered at the Theux registry office.

    If your marriage took place in another municipality, the registration of your divorce will be done there.

    The registry officer has a period of 30 days from notification to carry out the registration.




  Authentication of documents from abroad 


If the local government asks for a document drawn up by a foreign authority, depending on the country of origin, it must be authenticated in various ways or a certified translation must be provided.

For authentications, consult the Foreign Affairs FPS website: (section: Services / Authentications).

For certified translations, contact the clerk's office of a Court of 1st Instance. For Verviers, go to the courts at the Palais de Justice, rue du Tribunal, 4.